It’s time to change the narrative.
Yes times are tough.
Our lives have been turned upside down.
People are out of work.
We’re afraid of getting sick.
And we’re even more afraid of making others sick.
So what can we do? (Other than the obvious hand-washing and social distancing.)
It’s time to look for new perspectives.
This is not about denying what is happening.
It’s about finding meaning in what is happening.
It’s about looking for what this situation can teach us about what’s truly important to us.
To that end, I’d like to invite you to enter a competition:
Create an uplifting acronym for the word CORONA.
Below are a few examples.
Crushing Obstacles Really Opens New Avenues
Crisis Often Reveals Our Neglected Abilities
Choosing Our Response Offers Novel Adventures
Connection Optimism Respect Onus Neighbourliness Appreciation
Caring Offers Relief Over Nasty Ailments
Here’s how the competition will work.
- Please email email@example.com with your own inspiring CORONA acronym.
- You can enter as many acronyms as you can come up with.
- You have eight days to respond – until midnight AEST Easter Monday 13th April.
- Next Tuesday 14th April I will share all the acronyms I receive.
- You will then vote for the acronym that you find the most inspiring.
- I will announce the winning acronym the following week on Tuesday 21st April.
- The winner can choose one of my books or Wild Cards as their prize. If you’ve already read my books, then you can give your prize to someone as a gift.
I very much look forward to reading your entries!
Feel free to share this with friends and family who might also like to enter.
CORONA Competition: The entries are in!
CORONA COMPETITION: The winner is…