Griffith University is inviting people with type 2 diabetes who are NOT on insulin to participate in a research study evaluating a new injectable medicine that will be used to improve blood sugar control and assist in body fat reduction.
You will be asked 8 questions requiring the answers in brackets:
- Do you have type 2 diabetes? (yes)
- Are you on insulin treatment? (no)
- Is your Hb A1C between 7 and 11? (yes)
- Do you have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 or above? (yes)
- Can you speak and understand English? (yes)
- Have you participated in another clinical trial in the last 6 months? (no)
- Can you attend 10 clinic visits for check ups over the next 5 months in either Sydney, Melbourne or the Gold Coast? (yes)
- How did you hear about this? (from Dr Helena Popovic)
The clinical trial, including medical check-ups with nurses, doctors, and specialists, is free of charge and your travel costs will be reimbursed. It has been approved by the relevant health and medical authorities.
When you have answered the question on the website, you will then be contacted by a nurse and advised of your nearest participating clinic.
I wish you all the best on your journey to vibrant health, lasting vitality and a body you love.